There are a variety of Microbiology tests on the product and food testing requirement. Whether your business sales Cannabis, Natural Health Products, DIN Products or other consumable Products, it is important to ensure that it meets regulatory compliance. It is required consumables to be tested for microbiological contamination. At DiaSYS Inc., our microbiologists can test for variety of organism:
Assess the quality of ingredients in products and the hygiene of a manufacturing environment. Some common indicators microorganisms include:
- Aerobic and Anaerobic Colony Count
- Yeast & Mold
- Coliforms & E.coli
- Thermophilic Spore formers
- Clostridium perfringens
Pathogen and Toxin Testing
Detects the presence of these organisms in products, that can be detrimental to the health of a consumers. Some of the pathogens and toxins include:
- Listeria species
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Shiga Toxin-producing E.coli (STEC)
- Bacillus cereus
- Bacillus subtilis
Our microbiology test have multiple applications:
- Product Testing: Ensure contaminated products from reaching consumers and meeting regulatory standards.
- Environmental Monitoring: Ensures the environment in the facility is hygienic and clean and therefore verifying the effectiveness of the sanitation program.
- Water Safety: Evaluates the quality and safety of water in Hand washing sinks, Manufacturing usage in the facility to ensure it is not a source of contamination.
- Air Safety: Evaluates and monitors the quality of the environmental air and compressed air to detect the presence of airborne microbes that could potentially contaminate the products, manufacturing, and packaging lines.
Industries We Serve
- Non-sterile and sterile drugs
- Dietary Supplements and Natural Health Products
- Cannabis Products
- Psychedelic Drugs
- Cosmetics & Personal Care Products
- Dental products
- Medicated Animal Feed and Animal Health Products
- Food and Nutraceutical
- Processed and Purified Water from various sources
Services & the Organisms We Screen
- USP 61 – TAMC, TYMC
- USP 62 – Bile Tolerant Gram-Negative (Enterobacteriaceae), Salmonella, P. aeruginosa, S. aureus, C. albicans, E. coli, Clostridium
- USP 2021 – TAMC, TYMC, Bile Tolerant Gram-Negative (Enterobacteriaceae)
- USP 2022 – Salmonella, S. Aureus, E. coli, Clostridium
- USP 60 – Burkholderia cepacia
- USP 51 – Antimicrobial Effectiveness
- EP 5.1.3. Efficacy of Antimicrobial Preservation
- EP 2.6.12 Total Viable aerobic count
- EP 2.6.12 Test for specified micro-organisms
Suitability Testing: Ensures for capability for Accurate Testing
Suitability testing ensures accurate results by following USP microbiological test methods. This will be compliance as per the FDA requirements. Our individualized service, and a commitment to the highest standards of microbiology testing.
- This testing is required on the initial submission of each unique formulation/product submitted for registration and evaluation.
- Suitability testing validates that the organism or organisms of interest would be detected in the presence of your product matrix through the recovery of a low-level inoculum of the target organism.
- This inoculation and recovery of the target organism provides evidence of the test method’s capability eliminates the chance of false negatives.
- The title for the testing is slightly different depending on the method selected – USP <61>/<62> testing of non-sterile products is referred to as suitability testing, while USP <2021>/<2022> testing for dietary supplements is referred to as preparatory testing.
Our subject matter experts will work with your needs to determine the right method for our products and food quality testing needs. Our team is available to support your testing needs and ensure compliance to regulatory requirements. We utilize a test methodology from Health Canada, AOAC, USP, and EP methods to perform Microbiology test. Our turnaround time and cost of the test is very competitive.